Friday, April 22, 2011

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can achieve greatly." ~ Robert F. Kennedy

Currently watching The Notebook. I just have to say that I LOVE this movie so much and the book is on my summer reading list. I think it is the 4 time I have watched this move this month.

Today I was looking over everything in terms of graduating and noticed that I am 26 hours away from graduating!!!! AHHH SO EXCITED! This time next year I will be putting my finishing touches on my school work and getting ready to goto commencement. Now a lot of my friends that I went to High School are graduating this year and it does make me sad that I will not be joining them, I am OK with the fact that I am going to stick next year out and have my BA in Poli Sci/communications.

With the school year winding down now I am starting to look forward to the summer. Hopefully I can find somewhere to work. I will be taking a class at the Chicago Photography Academy this summer to improve on my photograph.


I have been having a lot of DC nostalgia recently. It just seams like what we are talking about in class and what I see on TV just beings me back there. One of the people who gave a leacture in one of my WII classes was giving a lecture at another Illinois school, I turned on C-Span (Yes I am a nerd and proud of it!) and the President of the company that I interned for was on it. It was just an Amazing experience and I am so blessed that I had that opportunity!


I have been having the fortune of listening to lectures given my Tim Wise. Mr Wise's is one of the most prominent anti-racist writers and educators in the United States, and has been called, “One of the most brilliant, articulate and courageous critics of white privilege in the nation,”. His lectures bring out things about race that we tend to forget.

OMG Obama is a pirate! Sorry I just had to put it in there!

Also Way to go Mississippi! Although I still think you are wrong in so many ways that is AWESOME!

That is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment